9 – As to the statement of Ibn Abbas, he has for it three lines:
The first: Abdul Hamid bin Bahram, according to Shahr bin Hawshab, according to him, he said: " A gang of Jews came- I mean, to the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him - one day, they said: O Abul-Qaasim, tell us about qualities we will ask you about them, no one knows of them but a prophet. He said: «Ask me». They said: "Tell us about four qualities we ask you about them, tell us how the woman’s fluid is ‘different’ from that of the man? And how does a male come from it? And how does a female come from it? He said: «I besiege you by Allah, than Him there is no other god, who revealed the Torah to Moses, do you know that the fluid of the man is white and thick, and that the woman’s fluid is yellow and thin, whichever one of the two prevails, the child and the likeness are due to it, with Allah’s permission. [If] (1) the man’s fluid prevails over the woman’s fluid; the outcome is a male, with Allah’s permission, and if w the woman's fluid prevails over that of the man, the outcome would be a female, with Allah’s permission »? They said: “O Allah! Yes”, he said:« O Allah! Be a witness over them ». The Statement. Narrated by Tayaalisi (2), and Ibn Sa'd (3) - and the wording is his - and Ahmed (4), and At-Tabari (5), and Tabaraani (6), and Al-Bayhaqi in ‘Ad-Dala’il’ (7). All of them from lines according to Abdel Hamid Ibn Bahram, by him.
In its chain of narration are Shahr bin Hawshab, in whom Al-Haafidh said: (truthful, with many transmissions and illusions) (8).
The second: Abdullah bin Al-Waleed Al-‘Ujalee, according to Bakir bin Shihab according to Sa’eed bin Jubeir, according to him with similar wording with a little brevity in the wording of its corroborator.
Narrated by Ahmad (9), and An-Nisa’ee – in “Al-Kubra” - (10) and At-Tabaraani (11), and Abu Na’eem (12), all of them by way of Abdullah ibn Al-Waleed Al-‘Ujalee, according to him. And At-Tirmidhi extracted from it “the invocation pertaining to the thunder”, and “what Israel forbade himself” (13), only.
He said: "Hasan Gharib."
Abu Na'eem said: "Gharib from the statement of Sa’eed, Bakir singularized himself by it."
Bakir is Ibn Shihab AL-Kufi, Al-Haafidh said in him: (accepted) (14), and it has been pursued.
The third: Ibrahim ibn Tahmaan, according to Muslim, from Mujaahid, according to him, he said: A group of Jews came to the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him, they said: If he tells us about what we ask him about, he is a prophet, they said: Where does the likeness come from, O Mohammed? He said: «The semen of the man is white and thick, the woman’s seed is yellow and thin, whichever dominates the other, the likeness is due to it, and if they met (on equal footing), the likeness would be from him and her ». They said: you are right.
Narrated by Al-Bazzar (15) and Abu-Sheikh (16), both of whom from two lines, from Ibrahim ibn Tahmaan, according to him.
Al-Bazzar said: "We do not know him as narrating from Ibn Abbas except from this side, and similar to it has been narrated according to others than him, from other sides, and in the statement of Ibn Abbas an addition."
He probably intends by addition: his saying: «If they met, it (the likeness) was from him and her ». Otherwise, similar to this came from two sides according to him - as previously elucidated - without this addition.
I have not stopped at the translation of Sheikh Al-Bazzar, and his name is: As-Sakan bin Sa’eed, nor Sheikh Abu-Sheikh, and his name is: Ahmed bin Al-Hasan (17).
And the narrator from Mujahid is not clear to me, is it (Muslim Al-Bateen), or (Muslim Almila’ee Al-A’awar), both of which narrated from Mujahid, the first is trusted, and the second (weak) (18).
(1) - In “Classes” (and if) and the first is what I mentioned, and it is that which is with At-Tayaalisi, and with Ahmad (If).
(2) – The Musnad of At-Tayaalisi p (356, Hadith 357, 2731).
(3) - The Major Classes (1, 174, 175).
(4) – The Musnad (1, 273).
(5) - Tafseer At-Tabari (Jaaami’a Al-Bayaan ...) (1, 431, 432).
(6) – Al-Mu’ajam Al-Kabeer (12, 246, Hadith 247, 13012).
(7) – Dalaa’il An-Nubuwwah (6, 266, 267).
(8) – Taqreeb At-Tahdheeb (p. 269).
(9) – The Musnad (1, 274).
(10) – As-Sunan Al-Kubra – The companionship of Women - p (163,164 Hadith187).
(11) - Al-Mu’ajam Al-Kabeer (12, 45, 46 Hadith12429).
(12) – The Ornament (4, 304-305).
(13) - Sunan At-Tirmidhi - Book of Interpretation - and the chapter pertaining to: and from the Surah Ar-Ra’ad (the Thunder) (5, 274 Hadith 3117).
(14) - Taqreeb At-Tahdheeb (p. 128).
(15) – Kashful-Astaar (3, 119 Hadith 2375).
(16) – The Greatness (5, 1632 Hadith 1075).
(17) - The researcher of the book of Greatness said that there is an addition in one of the copies (Aljuneid) after Al-Hasan.
(18) - Taqreeb At-Tahdheeb (p. 530).