Episode 12: The extraction of races
1 - The Statement of Abu Hurayrah, he said: A man from the Banu Fazarah came to the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, and said: my wife gave birth to a black child - [he was then implying disowning him] - "The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:«Do you own camels»? He said: Yes. He said: «What colours are they »? He said: Red. He said: «Is there a piebald among them»(1)? He said: there is indeed piebald among them. He said, «So from where did that come to them»? He said: some strain must have drawn it out. He said: «Maybe the same happened here, some strain must have drawn him out», [He did not allow him to disown him](2). Narrated by Bukhari(3) and Muslim(4), and the wording is his.
The Statement was inferred to by Dr. Mohammed Ali Al Baarr in his book (The Creation of Man between Medicine and the Quran)(5), Dr. Ma’mun Shaqfeh in his book (The Resolute Resting Place)(6), Dr. Mahmud Nazim Al Nasimi in his book (Prophetic Medicine and Modern Science)(7), Dr. Hamed Mohamed Hamed in his book (Journey of Faith in the Human Body)(8), Ahmed Mahmud Suleiman in his book (The Quran and Medicine)(9), Mahmud Mahdi Istanbuli in his book (Evidence of Prophecy in the Light of Modern Knowledge)(10), Mohamed Kaamil Abdussamad in his book (Scientific Miracles in Islam – The Sunnah)(11), Dr. Abdullah Abdurrahim Al ‘Ubadi in his book (Modern Science: an argument for or against man)(12), all of them were agreed that the Statement was in accordance to, or even anterior to what Genetics has uncovered; in that certain characters may manifest in the descendants, as a result of their presence in one of their predecessors; without appearing in their fathers or grandfathers.
Dr. Al Baarr says: "Modern Genetics confirms that the resemblance between the child and his parents may not be apparent, but rather distantly far from both parents, like what happened to Fazari whose wife brought him a black child. Since Genetic characteristics may be prevalent (Dominant), and may be receding (Recessive), the recessive characteristics are not apparent, neither in the father nor in the mother. If it happens that both the father and the mother carry these recessive traits, in one quarter of their children – approximately –this recessive character will show clearly evident, and that is due to the coming together of the two characters from both the father and the mother"(13).
(1) Piebald: tanned, and Piebaldism: tan. Annihayah fi Ghareeb Al Hadeeth (5/175).
(2) The Creation of Man between Medicine and the Quran (p.152).
(3) The Sahih of Bukhari - Book of Divorce – Chapter: If he offers to disown the child (9/442, Statement 5305), the Book Pertaining to Punishments Prescribed by the Law – Chapter: What came concerning Insinuations (12/175, Statement 6847).
(4) The Sahih of Muslim – Book of Oaths in Divorce – (2/1137, Statement 1500).
(5) The Creation of Man between Medicine and the Quran (p. 152, 198 392), and copied it to his book (Is there a Prophetic Medicine, p. 265), and (The Concise in Quranic Embryology, p. 24).
(6) The Resolute Resting Place (p. 182).
(7) Prophetic Medicine and Modern Science (3/371).
(8) Journey of Faith in the Human Body, p. (22).
(9) The Quran and Medicine, (p.123).
(10) Evidence of Prophecy in the Light of Modern Knowledge, (p.407).
(11) Scientific Miracles in Islam – The Sunnah, (p.181).
(12) Modern Science: an argument for or against man (2/35).
(13) The Creation of Man between Medicine and the Quran, p. (153, 154).