(7) (I will make you and your offspring as well, and I will make it for you expiation and purification)
The Verification of the Hadeeth: Its Isnaad (chain of transmission) is weak.
The above Hadeeth was reported by Ad-Daar Qutuni in Al-Afraad as in Atraaf Al-Gharaa'ib (98), Al-Jaami‘ Al-Kabeer (805), Ad-Daylami in Musnad Al-Firdaws as in Kanz Al-‘Umaal (27706), from Abi ‘Alqamah Al-Firwi from Yahya ibn ‘Abdel Malik Al-Hudayri from his father, from his grandfather from Sa‘eed ibn Al-Musayyb from ‘Umar ibn Al-Khattaab, may Allaah be pleased with him, as a Marfoo‘ Hadeeth (1): "Allah, The Almighty, sent him to our mother Hawaa' (Eve) when she bled (2) . She called her Lord saying: A blood came out from me that I do not know. Upon this Allah, The Almighty, called her saying (as what was stated above)"
Ibn ‘Asaakir mentioned it in Ta'reekh Dimashq (69/108) from Sa‘eed ibn Al-Musayyb from ‘Umar, may Allaah be pleased with him, and its Isnaad is weak because of Abu ‘Alqamah Al-Firwi whose name is ‘Abdullaah ibn Haroon ibn Moosa. Ad-Daaqutuni said: "His Hadeeth is Matrook (3)"
Al-Haakim Abu Ahmad said: "His Hadeeth is Munkar (4)"
Ibn Al-Jawzi deemed it weak. Al-Haafith said in At-Taqreeb: "It is a weak Hadeeth. (5)"
Accordingly, the Hadeeth is weak. Ad-Darqutuni said: "It is a Ghareeb (6) Hadeeth from the route of ‘Umar because it was only reported by Muhriz ibn ‘Abdullah Al-Hudayri and Abu Ab ‘Alqamah Al-Firwi reported from him. Refer to Tahtheeb Al-Asmaa' by An-Nawawi (3/236), As-Silsilah Adh-Dha‘eefah (2073) and Da‘eef Al-Jaami‘ (224).
(1) A Hadeeth that is directly attributed to the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him. (Translator)
(2) Referring to menstruation.
(3) Hadeeth whose chain of narrators includes a narrator who was accused of lying. (Translator)
(4) A Hadeeth that was narrated by a non-trustworthy narrator and contradicts the narration of a trustworthy narrator. (Translator)
(5) Refer to Tahtheeb Al-Kamaal (34/100), At-Tahtheeb (12/155) and At-Taqreeb (8261).
(6) A Hadeeth narrated by only one narrator at any stage of its chain of narrators.